Re: [News] It's Now (Almost) Confirmed: Microsoft Loses, Blu-Ray Wins

____/ v cube on Sunday 17 February 2008 07:05 : \____

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9873848-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

>> HD-DVD lost because of perception.
>>
>> It wasn't consumers either, it was the salespeople.  The second they heard
>> about Warner dropping HD-DVD, they started telling their customers not to
>> buy HD-DVD players because it was dead, effectively creating a
>> self-fulfilling prophesy.
>>
>> HD-DVD players were cheaper than Blue-ray, had more features, cost less to
>> produce (both disks and players) and had equal quality to Blu-Ray.  By all
>> measures, it should have won the war, but it just goes to show how
>> perception can cause snowballing.
>
> buddy, u hv forgotten that each PSP3 has a Blu-ray drive. Count the no
> of PSP3's sold and u get a reason for Blu-ray's victory.

v cube,

Please try to enter your replies at the bottom of the message that you reply
to. It makes things easier to read and respond to. :-)

As for Erik Funkenbusch, he is one among the people who invade a Linux
newsgroup in order to defend the vile monopolist and ridicule Linux. It is
better not to reply to the likes of Erik Funkenbusch (you will find several
others who are equally appalling).

Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
lies.
 08:00:01 up 23 days, 17:54,  3 users,  load average: 1.82, 1.25, 1.29