[News] New Linux SDK Released by Google, Success Expected

  • Subject: [News] New Linux SDK Released by Google, Success Expected
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 03:51:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Google updates Android software development kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Google released an update to the SDK (software development kit) for Android,
| its mobile-phone operating system.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/021308-google-updates-android-software-development.html

Your next phone could run Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Since Android has been demo’d running live on processors and chipsets from TI
| and Qualcomm, the platform is technically ready for manufacturers to develop
| and prototype the solution. We can expect some Android devices at next year’s
| MWC. Should Sarin’s vision of four or five operating systems come true, Linux
| is a safe bet as one of them.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2139

The previews look impressive. iPhone is closed, expensive and it is likely to
fall behind Google.

Video:

Google Android dev kit exposes Apple-inspired roots

,----[ Quote ]
| The release to developers of Google's Linux-based Android operating system
| for mobile phones reveals that the prototype software shares at least a few
| aspects in common with interfaces from the company's Bay Area neighbor,
| Apple.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/11/12/google_android_dev_kit_exposes_apple_inspired_roots.html

Related:

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]