[News] [Rival] Bullysoft Becomes a Bully for Own Survival

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bullysoft Becomes a Bully for Own Survival
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:49:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft renews bid despite Yahoo rejection

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, which called its bid "full and fair," could switch from wooing
| Yahoo's leaders to declaring war on them by making allies of shareholders in
| order to oust board members at annual elections mid-year.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080212/bs_afp/usitcompanytakeovermicrosoftyahooreject
http://tinyurl.com/392c6r

The company is fighting for /long-term/ survival. That's the vicious bully
people predicted it would become at this stage. It'll probably bribe investors
and call it something like "marketing help", "compensation", "Free Ferrari
laptops", "lucrative trips to Washington" or "incentives".

Related and recent:

Microsoft to take case to Yahoo shareholders: report

,----[ Quote ]
| The board believes Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft is trying to take advantage
| of some recent weakness in Yahoo's share price in order to "steal" the
| company, the report said.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-take-case-yahoo-shareholders/story.aspx?guid=%7B7F963245%2D5B26%2D4A77%2D8D18%2D4D2122A9D4AE%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/3dpl6n

Yahoo's Board: If Extortion Fails, It Isn't Our Money Anyway

http://seekingalpha.com/article/64022-yahoo-s-board-if-extortion-fails-it-isn-t-our-money-anyway?source=yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is threatening to launch a boardroom coup at Yahoo! within six
|              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| weeks if the internet search engine fails to accept its $45 billion (£23
| billion) hostile takeover proposal or start serious merger talks, The Times
| has learned.
`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article3300964.ece?EMC-Bltn=LOXCF1

Options Before Microsoft: Upping Bid; Tender Offer; Hostile Takeover; Pressure
Tactics

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/080209/1_319741_id.html?.v=1