[News] [SOT] Recession is Here, Embrace of Free Software is Near

  • Subject: [News] [SOT] Recession is Here, Embrace of Free Software is Near
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:47:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Forrester cuts tech outlook on U.S. recession risk

,----[ Quote ]
| Technology research firm Forrester Research Inc cut its forecast for 2008
| global technology purchasing growth by a third on Sunday, citing the risks of
| a U.S. recession
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN0848701220080211?rpc=44

Also IDC (of Microsoft 'fame'):

Forrester, IDC cut tech outlook on US recession risk

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCAN1165370220080211?rpc=44

The Insider: Dot-com boom just another of 'Greenspan's Bubbles'

,----[ Quote ]
| But not a hero to all. One Seattle money manager thinks Greenspan's
| reputation as an economic maestro is overblown and undeserved. William
| Fleckenstein, who manages a hedge fund and writes the Contrarian Chronicles
| column for MSN Money, has co-authored a book on the former Fed
| chief, "Greenspan's Bubbles." If that's not clue enough into Fleckenstein's
| opinion, the subtitle reinforces the point: "The Age of Ignorance at the
| Federal Reserve."
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/350766_theinsider11.html

The Government is in deep debt and at war. It's bluffing it, just like
Microsoft and IBM. Only the bankers win.. from high interest rates on the debt
from which money gets extracted.

All of this will make Free software more appealing. Budgets will decline.

Recent:

Recession fears could end bull market

,----[ Quote ]
`----