Re: Survey: Microsoft Office Monopoly still STRONG, 66% of open source companies are using MS-Office

On Feb 11, 6:46 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> ____/ [H]omer on Monday 11 February 2008 19:22 : \____
>
> > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>
> >> Alfresco's Open Source Barometer
>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
>
> > Impressive.
>
> Unless one works for (or shills) Microsoft where everyone uses Office. Or if
> someone listens to IDC, Gartner and the likes of these shill 'analysts' who
> try to hypnotise and create false perceptions (Big Lie).

Lies + false perceptions. You mean like your bullshit headline?

So a company that specializes in open source solutions surveys it's
own customers that are already using open source software. Two out-of
three of it's own open source customers are still using MS-Office.

This is a very selective survey. It's basically surveying companies
that are interested in open source software. And as the article
says... it is NOT an unbiased view of the greater world. And even in
this selective biased view... only 24% even bother with open office.

[quote]
One of the recent additions to the portfolio is Alfresco's Open Source
Barometer. This is not an unbiased view, since it consists of an opt-
in survey of Alfresco's customers. Because they are using Alfresco's
products, they are more likely to be deploying other open source
applications. And the fact that they bothered taking part suggests a
certain enthusiasm which is likely to skew the results yet further.
[-quote]

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=475&blogid=14