Re: [News] Trend Micro Learns the Price of Software Patents

Mark Kent wrote:

>> Trend Micro patent claim provokes FOSS community, leads to boycott
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Eben Moglen of the Software Freedom Law Center is aware of the case, and
>>| is considering a patent re-examination request or another intervention
>>| in the case.
>>|
>>| Contacted by Linux.com, Barracuda's Drako acknowledged the array of
>>| reactions by saying, "We at Barracuda want to extend our thanks to the
>>| tremendous number of individuals who expressed support for our defending
>>| the use of ClamAV free and open source software, as well as to the
>>| community members that have submitted prior art."
>>|
>>| If Trend Micro hasn't already, it is about to find out that the case is
>>| about free software after all.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linux.com/feature/126851
>>

> I wonder how long before Trend Micro start to suffer the same problems
> as Novell?

What "problems" are you actually talking about?
The 235 million dollars MS *paid* them?

> Perhaps a people's revolution might be the only thing which
> could bring the actions of the USPTO to an end?

Yes, that certainly would do the trick. You could then also place some GPL3
opponents before the firing sqad, to serve as an example to the rest of
them
--
Tact, n.:
        The unsaid part of what you're thinking.