Re: [News] Novell Again Claimed in "Alliance" with Ballmer's Mafia

> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 11 February 2008 16:36 : \____

>>> One big push for interoperability required
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.expresscomputeronline.com/20080211/opensource01.shtml
>>>
>>> Well, then why doesn't Microsoft support ODF? It's all for Microsoft. Novell
>>> is is the vassal. And then there's the talk about harmonising...
>>
>> If Microsoft cared about interop, they'd abandon "embrace and extend".
>> The amusing thing about OOXML and ODF is that it drives a coach with 6
>> horses right through the E&E strategy, in that they don't support ODF in
>> the first place, so they need to create a new "standard", OOXML, for the
>> sole and singular purpose of embracing and extending it...
>
> They were invited to join efforts on developing ODF and they declined. Later
> on, it appears as though they tried to rewrite that bit of history. They have
> quite a propaganda machine (e.g. 'analysts', bribed journalists that they
> invited over to Redmond), so disinformation would be easy for them to spread.

We see one of the mouthpieces of that machine here.  I can't recall the
number of times that Weisgerber/Quark/Funkenbusch/Timmy etc., have
denied the actions against DRDOS, for example, in spite of all the
evidence.  Of course, the court papers which have emerged in the last
few years have made it increasingly difficult for Microsoft's
shilcosystem to re-write history in this way.  I don't think many people
are unaware of Microsoft's illegal actions against DRDOS now.

> Recently, Microsoft spewed out a damaging remark about its dependence on
> _CONTROLLING THE STANDARD_ for maintaining its business. Like we didn't know
> this already... well, it's nice hearing it from the horse's mouth even in 2008
> when the EU has 3 simultaneous antitrust probes against the Vole.

... and those are still probably nowhere near enough.  Still, if
Microsoft continue to commit suicide by such as acquiring Yahoo, then it
won't matter soon.