Re: MSFT floundering...

____/ John Locke on Tuesday 12 February 2008 01:02 : \____

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:40:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>____/ ed on Monday 11 February 2008 22:34 : \____

>>> Ironic that you're looking at that from a yahoo domain :-)
>>
>>Maybe they can game tit to embellish it. :-)
                        ^^

*LOL* typo, not intentional. :-)

>>I've got some more news coming about Microsoft's financial problems, which it
>>has been trying to hide for _years_.
>
> Roy..that's not news !!

To many people that's news, believe it or not. They still don't know that Gates
stepped down as CEO after a $18,000,000,000 loss. The business of proprietary
software ain't what it used to be, especially when accompanied by everything
of anything (hardware, media, Internet, electricity), where almost everything
fails and relies on the cash-cow cushion to balance the losses.

BusinessWeek said it well some days ago:

An Open Letter to Steve Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| I know you want to make your mark on Microsoft, but you should stop trying to
| be all things to all people. Take a tip on focus from that other Steve
|
| [...]
|
| And Microsoft's Internet acquisitions? None of recent note come to mind
| except for the advertising outfit aQuantive—another catch-up play. And
| Microsoft has bungled the older ones I can remember. WebTV was a dud before
| you bought it. After buying Hotmail in 1998, your heavy-handed company ruined
| a blessedly simple e-mail service, saddling it with ads and "convenient"
| integrations with other MSN services. And as for your own innovations?
| Please. Smart Displays and SPOT watches certainly looked cool in the
| promotional videos at CES. Duds both.
|
| You know what you need Steve? Focus.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/feb2008/tc2008027_990635.htm?campaign_id=yhoo

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
 05:20:01 up 18 days, 15:14,  3 users,  load average: 1.71, 1.89, 1.88