Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:58:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Tim and the Gang o' Shills remind me of those magicians in strategic games like
> Warcraft. They accumulate their 'mod mana', gang up and attack people whom
> they hate and they mod each other up (like "heal") for mutual glorification.
> You should see the Microsoft Gang over at Digg. it's hilarious how they game
> the system.

That's not how it works on Slashdot.  Mod points don't "accumulate".  If
you have good karma, every so often you get them for a couple of days, and
then they're gone.

It would be all but impossible to predictably have accounts with mod
points.

> If you have a gang of 4, then you can mod down everyone to -4 and then post
> slander, modding each instance of the slander +4. Cool, isn't it? How many
> times has Microsoft been caught gaming polls before?

How many times have you been caught lying?