[News] [Rival] Microsoft Admits Windows Vista is Closer to Worthless?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Admits Windows Vista is Closer to Worthless?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:47:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft cuts Vista prices to urge upgrades

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it plans to cut prices of its Windows Vista
| operating system sold at retail outlets in a move aimed at pushing customers
| to switch to the newest version of Windows.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSN2859398120080229

How about actually fixing the product first? Ballmer says only marketing is
needed and trial exhibits showed that Vista's main customer is Intel, not OEMs
or users.

Signs of desperation.

Related:

Will Windows Vista Succeed In 2008? Don't Count On It

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista has certainly been slow out of the gate. Sure, Microsoft is putting the
| operating system on newly shipped systems, but Vista sales didn’t benefit
| from the upgrade surge that previous OSes got upon release. A year after it
| began shipping, less than one percent of corporate desktops are running
|                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Vista.
| ^^^^^
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/01/will_windows_vi.html

Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/08/08/no.vista.on.olympic.pcs/

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

| Lenovo.

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579

Interesting comment from CompUSA

,----[ Quote ]
| Every single one of them he said was returned from consumers... and that they
| (CompUSA) couldn't ship them back. As he heard, Microsoft wasn't giving
| credit back for unsold or returned copies... and didn't want the returned
| figures made public... He wouldn't say that every single one of them
| exchanged for a copy of Xp, he didn't know if that was true. So, I asked how
| many boxes did they have. Same glare, followed with a "You do not want to
| know" type statement.
`----

http://zerias.blogspot.com/2007/12/interesting-comment-from-compusa.html

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed