Re: Roy barred from OOXML review meeting

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
High Plains Thumper on Friday:

It would not surprise me if the outcome, even with the
apparent stacked deck of membership winds up in a stalemate
or deferred.  Microsoft is not as much of a benefit as one
would think to other parts of the world.  It is time for
Europe to flex its muscles, and I think we may see a
different outcome than some expect.

Expect more EU fines. Vinje et al are learning the abuses at
the moment. They explore the relevant Web sites.

The corporation has received much negative press that has been hard to suppress, with the various lawsuits worldwide. Court documents made available by legal authorities has helped to expose the abusive nature of entity.

The huge fines by EU over past abuses, failure to comply with providing appropriate protocol information has been revealing of practises that apparently seem related to monopoly maintenance, as expressed by Judge Jackson.

Here is something of recent interest regarding WGA:

http://www.chinatechnews.com/2007/09/13/5881-university-student-sues-microsoft-for-privacy-violation/

[quote]
University Student Sues Microsoft For Privacy Violation
September 13, 2007

Believing that Microsoft's Windows Genuine Advantage violates privacy and personal information security, a Peking University student surnamed Lu has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft (MSFT) and Microsoft China.

Lu says that Microsoft's Windows Genuine Advantage program, which exists in users' computers permanently and collects users' personal information before sending it to Microsoft, is a big threat to computer information security and users' privacy.

Lu asks the court to order Microsoft to cancel a protocol the company signed with him on the installation of the program, delete all his personal information, provide him an uninstall tool and apologize to him in the national newspapers. In addition, Lu asks Microsoft to provide technology services in a reasonable manner and pay him RMB1350 in compensation.

Microsoft China has not made any comment on the lawsuit.
[quote]

--
HPT