Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Lobbing Arm Blames Workers for PC Insecurity

7 wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Security skills of IT workforce lacking, survey finds
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A majority of organizations are in need of IT workers with security,
>> | firewall and data privacy skills, but more than 40 per cent surveyed by
>> | the Computing Technology Industry Association in the US said their IT
>> | employees are not proficient in such skills.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=483933484&rid=-50
>>
>> Why should they bother with this? The program should accommodate it, but
>> Windows has back doors (to begin with) and it's insecure by design.
>>
>> CompTIA is one of the vilest Microsoft lobbying arms, funded by
>> Microsoft. It's one of those establishments with a label like "charity"
>> on the front door. What happens inside is wildly different and selfish.
>
> What surprises me is why governments don't sue companies into making
> computer security top priority. If you sell a product with deliberate
> vulns like micoshaft does instead of widthdrawing the product,
> government agencies continue to allow them to be sold. The public are
> being ripped off. Its in the interest of the public
> and governments alike to mandate use of open source
> as alternatives to proven insecure products and remove
> insecure products from their offices.

I think it goes a lot deeper than we realize when you discuss Microsoft
Windows operating systems and virus, malware and worms. I've maintained for
years that it's all a grand conspiracy on msft's part. They alllow just
enough holes and what-not to allow hackers to be a problem, but not be able
to totally destroy the operating system. That way, msft can hawk a "new and
improved and more secure" version of windows every few years. Even try and
sell their own viru check. Hell, I'll even go so far as to suggest that
msft may be the originator of some, if not all, of the windows virus,
malware and worms. Who better to know the attack vectors, than the
programmer of the OS itself?

With the reputation of msft lately, it'd be pretty easy to believe.

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)