Re: [News] The Al Gillen Shill Spreads Stereotypes for Windows ME2 Defence

____/ Linonut on Thursday 28 February 2008 17:46 : \____

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1302564,00.html

> It's all in the licensing, isn't it, though?
>
> But, for now:
>
>    Similarly, Windows Server 2008's PowerShell fills its predecessor's
>    scripting gap, automating routine tasks and enabling users to write
>    scripts to build servers without answering questions each time, which
>    is especially helpful for remote or blind installs. "PowerShell is
>    one of the biggest improvements," Voce said. "It will be the
>    foundation for many Microsoft management tools going forward . . .
>    and will tie together and automate tasks like user or virtual server
>    provisioning."
>
> Microsoft -- "Wait for us!  We're the leaders!"
>
>> "Consultants: These guys are your best bets as moderators. Get a well-known
>> consultant on your side early, but don?t let him publish anything blatantly
>> pro-Microsoft. Then, get him to propose himself to the conference organizers
>> as a moderator, whenever a panel opportunity comes up. Since he?s
>> well-known, but apparently independent, he?ll be accepted - one less thing
>> for the constantly-overworked conference organizer to worry about, right?"
>>
>> http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf
>

>> NY Times bans Microsoft analysts from Microsoft stories
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/15/nytimes_ms_ban/
>
> Good ol' Rob Enderle!
>
>    Since the Times can't follow its own policy, it should come as no
>    surprise that other publications have shunned the Gray Lady as a
>    standards setter. Rob Enderle this week made it into 51 stories - and
>    counting - about Microsoft. ComputerWorld, InformationWeek, PC World,
>    MarketWatch and InternetNews.com all quoted the analyst without ever
>    touching on his relationship with Microsoft.

Some publications still do this (ECT for starters). Some appear to have gotten
the embargo going. It's insane.

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."
                --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President
 19:20:02 up 35 days,  5:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.49, 1.10, 1.61