Re: [News] Apple Goes Litigious Against Open Source and For DRM

Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> iTunes legal silences Hymn
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Apple has fired a cease and desist order against the developers behind
>> | the open-source Hymn Project.
>> |
>> | Hymn develops software that strips Apple's FairPlay digital rights
>> | management (DRM) technology from user's iTunes purchases, allowing music
>> | fans to play their music on devices other than those from Apple.
>> `----
>>

> Yeah, they suck. I've got one ipod left and once it's gone, all my apple
> related stuff will be gone also. Never another apple purchase for me.
>
> I've got a decent shape 30gig, black video ipod... any takers?

What I find amazing is how quickly the authors of the software caved in
to this demand.  If apple owners can legitimately remove the DRM anyway,
who cares how they do it?   I can't see any reasonable court finding
this anything other than laughable.