Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Microsoft's Scott Guthrie Lies About/Twists "Cross-platform" to Hijack Web

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
<brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:39:12 -0500
<xnc4qjtp00am.cs5ynqyy2v7y$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:34:10 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:04:50 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> My original post was fine. The Microsoft Agent just wants to warp things to
>>> discredit. More explanation here, if the Agent is interested.
>>> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/26/microsoft-redefines-cross-platform/
>>
>> No, Roy.  You lied.  Silverlight is cross platform.  Microsoft has not
>> re-defined the meaning.
>>
>> Cross platform does not mean "runs on all platforms", it means "runs on
>> more than one platform".  You are the one trying to redefine it.
>>
>> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=cross-platform
>>
>> "cross-platform software, hardware
>> A term that describes a language, software application or hardware device
>> that works on more than one system platform (e.g. Unix, Microsoft Windows,
>> Macintosh). E.g. Netscape Navigator, Java."
>>
>> http://www.reference.com/search?r=13&q=Cross%20platform
>>
>> "Cross-platform, or multi-platform, is a term which can refer to computer
>> programs, operating systems, computer languages, programming languages, or
>> other computer software and their implementations which can be made to work
>> on multiple computer platforms. For example, a cross-platform application
>> may run on Microsoft Windows on the x86 architecture, Linux on the x86
>> architecture and Mac OS X on either the PowerPC based Apple Macintosh or
>> the x86 based Apple Macintosh systems. A cross-platform application could
>> run on all common platforms, *OR SIMPLY MORE THAN ONE*"
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-platform
>>
>> " ´Cross-platform¡ and ´multi-platform¡ both refer to the idea that a given
>> piece of computer software is able to be run on more than one computer
>> platform."
>>
>> So please, Roy, spare us the "redefinition" bullshit.  By all credible
>> sources (ie, not you) "cross platform" means "more than one", not "all" or
>> "if it doesn't run on Linux it's not cross platform".
>
> And once again Roy Schestowitz attempts to debate and ends up gong down in
> flames.
>
> No wonder he prefers to crap flood.

We have proven that Silverlight is multi-platform (for multi=2, anyway)
and that it is not open-source.  Half the battle, I guess.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Q: "Why is my computer doing that?"
A: "Don't do that and you'll be fine."