Re: [Slow "News" Day for Roy Schestowitz] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign)

  • Subject: Re: [Slow "News" Day for Roy Schestowitz] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign)
  • From: Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:40:52 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <rtyif9pu3vwg$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> His point was that He was in EXACTLY the same position as Rick 10
> years earlier.  There is little difference between what Microsoft
> allegedly did to Tim and what Sun (and other pro-ODF people) did to

Including Roy, in a couple of his articles.

> Rick.  They attacked him mercilessly in forums and did character
> assasinations, tried to get him fired, etc...
>
> All this article points out is that many members of the ODF community
> seem to see no issue with doing the exact same tactics they accuse
> Microsoft of.

Roy exhibits an extreme level of hypocrisy.  Nearly everything he
accuses others of doing, he does himself.  I wonder if deep down he
feels guilty for making money from FUD, and so needs to convince himself
that everyone else is doing it, too?

--
--Tim Smith