[News] Glimpse at Next Ubuntu, New Release of Ubuntu Derivative (CrunchBang)

  • Subject: [News] Glimpse at Next Ubuntu, New Release of Ubuntu Derivative (CrunchBang)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:46:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron Alpha 5 Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Ubuntu%208.04%20Hardy%20Heron%20Alpha%205

New default wallpaper. Also yesterday:

CrunchBang Linux 7.10.02 Release Notes

| I've released another version of CrunchBang Linux, my remastered version of
| Ubuntu featuring the lightweight Openbox window manager. Version 7.10.02 is
| the version that was never meant to be; however, as soon as people started
| downloading and using the original [I'm still finding it hard to believe that
| anyone would actually do that] I realised I'd better try to clean up the
| distribution and start to attempt to fix any issues/problems.
`----

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/02/24/crunchbang-linux-7-dot-10-dot-02-release-notes/

Related:

First look: CrunchBang - A faster Ubuntu! - Fast and furious Ubuntu for geeks!

,----[ Quote ]
| CrunchBang is a fast and good looking Ubuntu remaster. It
| includes a lot of useful tools, scripts and applications. Give it a try!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-look-CrunchBang-A-faster-Ubuntu-77535.shtml

OpenGEU - A new distro with a new name and a new look for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I am honestly pleased to give this package a complete 5 Pennie review. I can
| clearly state that this is everything is a distro I want, with little given
| way of the politics for the day with removing the codecs and having to change
| the name. I didn't really like Geubuntu because the Ge confuses the reality
| of the day. Eubuntu was already out there, designed as an education bundle so
| how do you communicate what is under the hood?
`----

http://knolinux.com/2008/01/22/opengeu.aspx

Geubuntu Sunshine

,----[ Quote ]