[News] Google Quietly Eats Microsoft's Cash Cow

  • Subject: [News] Google Quietly Eats Microsoft's Cash Cow
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 04:47:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Google Apps is a Serious Threat to Microsoft Office

,----[ Quote ]
| The significant advantage is collaboration. Since I started working on a new
| project where we all agreed to use Google Docs from the start, I have hardly
| used MS Office at all - even on other projects.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/google_apps_serious_threat_to_microsoft_office.php

Many people use both Office and Apps. It's a transition phase. Microsoft's
anti-Google Apps propaganda showed how scared it is.

Related:

Three Minutes With Google's Apps Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| This move, which puts it in direct competition with software
| heavyweights like Microsoft, builds on Google's first steps as
| an enterprise vendor years ago when it launched its firs
| enterprise search product.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070526/tc_pcworld/132241

Can Google and Linux Topple Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| The story had a certain flair. In early March, the chief information
| officer of the Federal Aviation Administration, David Bowen, was
| reportedly considering forsaking Microsoft Windows and Office in
| favor of the Linux operating system and the Web-based Google Apps
| Premium office suite.

FAA May Ditch Microsoft's Windows Vista And Office For Google And Linux Combo

,----[ Quote ]
| Bowen said he's in talks with the aviation safety agency's main
| hardware supplier, Dell Computer, to determine if it could
| deliver Linux-based computers capable of accessing Google
| Apps through a non-Microsoft browser once the FAA's XP-based
| computers pass their shelf life.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800480

Google manager: Google Apps replaced Microsoft Office at 100,000 businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's newly released online productivity suite Google Apps has
| already replaced Microsoft Office at more than 100,000 small to
| medium enterprises and has been deployed at two of the largest
| companies in the world, according to the search leader's
| enterprise product boss.

Dumping Office for Google Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has a friend in Disney, and that could leave Microsoft screaming
| like a jilted lover.
`----

http://videos.webpronews.com/2007/02/07/dumping-office-for-google-apps/

Apps vs. Office: Google Ups the Ante