[News] [Rival] Defeat for XBox360 Confimed with Drive Burial

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Defeat for XBox360 Confimed with Drive Burial
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 04:43:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Pulls Plug on HD DVD Players

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. said it will stop making HD DVD players for its Xbox 360
| video game system after Toshiba Corp. ceded the high-definition video format
| battle to Sony Corp.'s Blu-ray.
`----

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ifXeLMB28kre9AK-YgVq7Y4ZEJ9wD8V0RI780

It's the least successful console in the market. Even beaten by PS2...

The XBox360 has been good in driving Microsoft closer to debt.

Related:

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63876-microsoft-s-last-big-beat-internet-domination-or-death?source=yahoo

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
|
| [...]
|
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.
`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007/03/will-microsoft-survive-next-10-years.html

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead

,----[ Quote ]
| A few days ago I suddenly realized Microsoft was dead. I was talking
| to a young startup founder about how Google was different from Yahoo.
| I said that Yahoo had been warped from the start by their fear of
| Microsoft. That was why they'd positioned themselves as a "media
| company" instead of a technology company. Then I looked at his face
| and realized he didn't understand. It was as if I'd told him how much
| girls liked Barry Manilow in the mid 80s. Barry who?
|
| Microsoft? He didn't say anything, but I could tell he didn't quite
| believe anyone would be frightened of them.
`----

http://www.paulgraham.com/microsoft.html

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway