Re: [News] Microsoft Office on a Linux-based PS3

____/ Linonut on Sunday 24 February 2008 16:05 : \____

>> Microsoft?s is losing its grasp on the technology markets
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| When I say the Xbox 360 is a disaster, I?m simply pointing to evidence
>>| that, as suggested by an ?inside? source in a recent article, Microsoft
>>| released the 360 anticipating a 1 in 3 failure rate, and figured Bill?s big
>>| bank account could weather the storm.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-106703.aspx
>
> And Bill doesn't quite yet have the "information highway" yet, either.

There was a service that enables streaming of Office (in Australia, IIRC) and
Microsoft recently decided to 'crack down' on it, claiming it was infringing
on the EULA's terms. The news appeared in some places last week.

I suspect that Microsoft will use its ownership to shoot down any
such 'disruptions' (as in disruptive trends). It disrupts the revenue made
though one of the very few products that show profit.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S gets malware on its tail
Mem:    515500k total,   444396k used,    71104k free,     3172k buffers