Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Service Pack 1 Fixes [Microsoft's Competitive] Issues

Bushi <bushisolitario@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy
>
> Thank you for the (many) quotes.
> Frankly, I'm not a developer but I'm a not-so-stupid gamer.
> For your information, Crysis tweaked works very well and is clearly most
> detailed and uses more effects than the lower versions. Is it DX9
> tweaked or DX10? My impression is: DX9 vith heavy FXs and heavy frame
> dropping, as a result. I own a quad core and an Nvidia 8800 but, still,
> the game appears a bit too heavy. So clearly it's a matter of
> "rallentation"...
> You know, I as a developer paid by notorious Bill, put in a very high
> number of effects and I call them DX10 but I'm still emulating them, not
> really using them. DX10 are still not fully supported by cards, not even
> by 8800. Take a look at the tests. The more optimistic answer is a
> "maybe". You could imagine the face of the Vista owner (a friend of
> mine). By the way, I'm waiting for the inclusion of AGEIA (Physix) code
> into the NVidia drivers of my 8800. It could be a "rallentator" or a
> good thing. But I'm not so optimistic...
>

> Bushi Solitario.

Hi Bushi, there isn't really an easy English equivalent to rallentation,
but common colloquial (slang) phrases would include "resource hog" or
"drain on resources".

Personally, I doubt that DX10 will ever be successful, but there we go.