Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Server 2008 is Vista, aka Windows MEv2

____/ Linonut on Saturday 23 February 2008 03:52 : \____

>> ____/ Linonut on Friday 22 February 2008 18:45 : \____
>>
>>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> Who told you that?  Not that I find that unbelievable, even small shops
>>> like ours have build problems now and then.
>>
>> I read this in several reliable places. In fact, several years ago (about 2
>> when I wasn't plonking anyone) Erik F admitted this here (that Windows
>> needed to be made more modular).
>
> Actually, I was more interested in the term "Frankenbuild".

I saw it in at least one place, IIRC, including Mary's blog.

Hmmm...

Now that I check this...

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=Frankenbuild

It was used in a different context.

There's also Young FrankenSteve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6rqXHX3O48

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open the Gate$ to Hell
 11:05:02 up 29 days, 20:59,  3 users,  load average: 0.77, 1.04, 1.24