[News] A Look at Zebuntu GNU/Linux (BeOS Reborn in Linux)

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Zebuntu GNU/Linux (BeOS Reborn in Linux)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 04:03:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Zebuntu: Ubuntu 7.10 under disguise!

,----[ Quote ]
| Currently, Zebuntu is nothing else but a rebranded, BeOS-themed XFCE variant
| of Ubuntu 7.10, with a new control panel (MAGIC). Now what?
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/02/22/08/42/28-zebuntu-ubuntu-7-10-under-disgui

Many screenshots. What's next? Winbuntu? Winux? A colleague of mine, who
actually likes Microsoft, says "Vista is a mess."

Related (yesterday):

Zebuntu Debuts

,----[ Quote ]
| "Our goal is to use BlueEyedOS to offer a new platform for our former Zeta
| customers. In the future, Zeta, BeOS, as well as any future Haiku
| applications, will run natively on Zebuntu. This also offers a distinct
| advantage for developers for these platforms; they can use Zebuntu to develop
| for their platforms while utilising the performance and versatility of
| Linux." In other words, run BeOS applications on Linux.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/thread?301475

Beta 2 fertig und bereit zum Testen

,----[ Quote ]