[News] Dell's GNU/Linux Expansion: Now Canada and Latin America

  • Subject: [News] Dell's GNU/Linux Expansion: Now Canada and Latin America
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 04:00:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Dell Will Ship Ubuntu in Canada and Latin America

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday, Dell announced to its customers in Canada and Latin America that
| the Inspiron 1525n now has the option of shipping with Ubuntu 7.10, as well
| as with the Canadian models of the XPS M1330n and Inspiron 530. The latter
| two will ship in Latin America soon.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dell-Will-Ship-Ubuntu-in-Canada-and-Latin-America-79296.shtml

Expanding and expanding. H-P, Acer, ASUS, Lenovo...

Last week:

Welcome the Inspiron 1525 to the Dell Ubuntu Family

,----[ Quote ]
| Customers in the UK, France, Spain, and Germany may place orders today. Later
| this month, the US Ubuntu website will also be updated with Inspiron 1525.
| The growth in Linux sales has enabled us to expand Linux onto more platforms
| over the last year. Thanks again for your support.
`----

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2008/02/18/46379.aspx

Select European Nations Taste Dell Inspiron 1525 with Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting at £298.99, the Inspiron 1525 LINUX (N025U501) model pre-loaded with
| Ubuntu Linux distro is available for customization online. The stock config
| offers a modest Celeron M 540 processor, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 80 GB HDD, 8x DVD
| Burner with 15.4" WXGA LCD with TruLife. But if you want some firepower under
| the hood, you can customize it with a decent Core 2 Duo CPU, WXGA+ LCD, up to
| 3GB memory, 250GB HDD and a 9-cell battery pack too.
`----

http://www.laptoplogic.com/news/detail.php?id=4432

Related:

Oh What a Year

,----[ Quote ]
| In less than a month, offering Linux was one of the most requested and highly
| voted ideas. So, we launched a survey to find out what distribution of Linux
| our customers wanted most.
|
| During the spring you continued to deliver great ideas, and we listened. From
| the conversations it was obvious that we should make Windows XP available
| again on several customer PC systems.  Then began the open source revolution,
| and we announced that Dell would begin to offer Ubuntu on select consumer
| systems in the U.S. This was just the first of many open source announcements
| (Linux PCs worldwide and Ubuntu on XPS M1330).
`----

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2008/02/10/45013.aspx

Dell Promotes Linux on the Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Want to know why Dell is offering Linux on desktops and laptops for home and
| small business? They've made a video.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/dell-does-linux.html

Google starts running Dell Linux Desktop ads

,----[ Quote ]
| While working on my personal blog site, which happens to have Google
| Adsense ads running on it, I was surprised to find Google ads for
| Linux-powered Dell desktops showing up.

Dell To Fix Misleading Advertising Links

,----[ Quote ]