Re: ODF and binary data--why do you ignore it, Roy?

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:29:23 -0800, Tim Smith
<reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But Sun considers standards a strategic weapon, and made sure that ODF
> would not include anything that StarOffice didn't need, and so we are
> doomed to at least two standards. :-(

And Microsoft doesn't?  Consider standards to be strategic weapons I
maen.  Sure they do.  And that's part of the problem.  Everybody is
concerned about winning the chess match and they're all thinking that
the users are just pawns in the game.

At least ODF has multiple existing implementations, imperfect though
they may be.  Sun doesn't control KOffice or Abiword.  So however bad
Sun is, they seem to be better for users than Microsoft.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| http://www.haucks.org/