Re: Lessons from the Death of HD-DVD: Another Lethal Wound for Microsoft's Dying Empire

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jerry McBride
<jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:42:16 -0500
<07s395xr9g.ln2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:05:16 -0800 (PST)
>> <02584918-9341-4abe-bb8d-be47664b4d75@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> <Quote>
>>> [Death of HD-DVD was predictable.] Here's why HD-DVD's end should not
>>> have been a surprise, what lessons can be learned from its death, and
>>> what its demise means for Microsoft.
>>>
>>> [HD-DVD--Bluray format war, Microsoft vs Sony...]] In the new HD video
>>> market, Microsoft again wanted to push its Windows Media codecs while
>>> Sony wanted to establish its blue-violet laser technology.
>>
>> [massive snip for brevity]
>>

> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/02/21/lessons-from-the-death-of-hd-dvd/
>>>

>> I'm not sure about the "lethal" part.  It's not like
>> they're dead yet, though I'll admit I wonder how long this
>> sort of nonsense can continue.
>>

> Theres always hope and the penguin to carry us through. :')

And a certain sense of humor...

http://www.penguincomputing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=377

;-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx