[News] Vista SP1 More Effective Than Vista RTM as a Linux Marketing Tool

  • Subject: [News] Vista SP1 More Effective Than Vista RTM as a Linux Marketing Tool
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:18:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Vista SP1 saga: the best ad for Mac and Linux yet?

,----[ Quote ]
| But really, Apple and Linux people should be jumping over the moon at these
| continual, comedic, tragic, shambolic stuff ups by Microsoft.
|
| Microsoft is being their own worst enemy here, and they shouldn’t be
| surprised if this whole affair convinces quite a few people yet to upgrade to
| Vista to just forget it, and either go with a Mac, give one of the flavours
| of Linux a try, or go back to using an abacus.
|
| [...]
|
| Don’t be surprised if plenty more people suddenly find themselves tipped over
| the edge from your actions – and living a Microsoft-free life.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16789/1105/

Windows is going nowhere, not even with service packs that break compatibility
further and render PCs unbootable. The good programmers left Microsoft, so
only those foolish enough (sometimes foreign temps) who take orders from a
leaping gorilla try to maintain that messy codebase.

Microsoft will just try to establish royalties from competitors who will gain.
Good 'luck' with that...

Related:

Microsoft pulls Vista update

,----[ Quote ]
| AFTER AN UPDATE to Vista sent some PCs bananas, Microsoft pulled it, although
| it hasn't yet produced code to fix those bananas PCs.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/20/microsoft-pulls-vista-update

Tech: Vista the best thing to happen to the PC industry.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://chiefofficers.net/888333888/cms/index.php/news/thursday_tech/tech_vista_the_best_thing_to_happen_to_the_pc_industry

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579