[News] [Rival] Lame Microsoft Publicity 'Stunt' Seen as Stupid Sad Attempt

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Lame Microsoft Publicity 'Stunt' Seen as Stupid Sad Attempt
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:17:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Source what?

,----[ Quote ]
|       Windows Vista Sensei comes from a long family line of warriors, the ”
|       Windows” family.
|
| [...]
|
| No scratch that, I LOLed!
|
| I still don’t know where the “source” fits in. Are they trying to imply
| something? And who are these evil people they are fighting. I could hazard a
| guess…
`----

http://www.dbzer0.com/blog/2008/02/20/source-what

The usual boot licker for Microsoft has this corny thing to say:

Can Superheroes Save Microsoft’s Vista Glitch?

,----[ Quote ]
| A glitch in a program that preps PCs running Windows Vista for an important
| update is causing some computers to reboot constantly. Microsoft has pulled
| the program but hasn’t fixed the problem. Could this be a job for the Source
| Force, a little-known group of superheroes close to the software giant?
`----

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2008/02/20/can-superheroes-save-microsofts-vista-glitch/?mod=yahoo_hs

Context:

Microsoft pulls Vista update

,----[ Quote ]
| AFTER AN UPDATE to Vista sent some PCs bananas, Microsoft pulled it, although
| it hasn't yet produced code to fix those bananas PCs.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/20/microsoft-pulls-vista-update

Related:

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

| Lenovo.

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579

Tech: Vista the best thing to happen to the PC industry.

,----[ Quote ]
| Any one of a number of Linux distributions will run on your existing PCs
| without cramping overhead; OpenOffice.Org will handle all of your document
| requirements including presentations and Firefox (and several other browsers)
| handle your browsing. They work, they are free of charge and our own
| experience is that once users have spent a couple of days with them, they
| don't want to go back to Windows or MS Office. Indeed, people that leave our
| own company ask if we can burn a set of disks for them to take when they go.
| Some even bring their own PCs into the office and ask for it to be turned
| into a Linux machine.
|
| Vista may well turn out to be Linux's best friend - and as that happens
| manufacturers are going to have to decide where their loyalties lie - with
| the consumer or with Microsoft.Those manufacturers have to learn one thing:
| if he who pays the piper calls the tune, consumers are at last realising that
| it is their money that keeps the PC industry going. And at last they are
| saying "hang on - do we need this?"
`----

http://chiefofficers.net/888333888/cms/index.php/news/thursday_tech/tech_vista_the_best_thing_to_happen_to_the_pc_industry

French police deal blow to Microsoft