Re: [News] McAfee Responds to "Request for Source Code"

"Jerry McBride" <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I robbed the thread titled "[News] McAfee Licks Microsoft Boots by Doing
>FUD
> Work, Does Crime" and append this one to it.
>
> I have no idea where this is going to go, but I'm sure to open a few eyes
> along the way...

It may not open eyes in the way you want them to be opened. If companies
like McAfee, Linksys, Tivo, etc start getting sued then I can see it become
increasingly common for companies to have a strict policy forbidding the use
of any and all open source code. It will be easier for them to completely
avoid Open Source code then to worry about the threat of lawsuits.

If you think that companies like all companies like AutoCad, Oracle, IBM,
Google, etc are going to simply hand over the source code to all of their
apps then you are delusional.