[News] gOS 2.0 Beta (Linux) Gets 5 Out of 5

  • Subject: [News] gOS 2.0 Beta (Linux) Gets 5 Out of 5
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:09:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ReviewLinux.Com: gOS 2.0.0 Beta 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Just released is the beta for the new gOS Linux. gOS 2.0.0 Beta 1 shows great
| improvement over the previous version and this Walmart value added Linux
| distro looks great. Enjoy the flash video of gOS 2.0.0 Beta 1 in action.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9183

gOS Reloaded 2.0 Beta -- Is Good OS really good enough to blast off?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am honestly pleased to give this package a 5 Pennie review. I was a bit
| dissapointed with version 1 of gOS, as it was good, but really odd. The
| removal of the start icon and focus on the power of enlightenment in this
| version is really where computing needs to go. Yes, it is a complete rip off
| of Apple OS, but hell, when something works, why not when you can take the
| human input characteristics and apply them for the work of good instead only
| evil?
|
| It is nice that this OS is not only available on a stripped down desktop I
| would have to buy at Wal-Mart, in that now many people can run off and
| download this gem to enjoy. I hope you enjoyed this quick review of the
| package, and while I do hope to hear back on my request for a review, I plan
| to add to the bonus areas with updates as I keep playing with the distro, as
| this is now the main package on my home machine, which means it actually
| passed the wife test. As always happy hunting for your favorite Linux, and I
| hope this helps in your quest.
`----

http://knolinux.com/2008/01/09/gos.aspx

Related:

gOS 2.0 Now Available For Download

,----[ Quote ]
| Those of you who don’t like Windows and aren’t too fond of Macs either, but
| aren’t really all that crazy about the complexity of Linux, might be in for a
| treat: a new version of gOS is available for download.
`----

http://mashable.com/2008/01/09/gos-20-now-available-for-download/

gOS 2.0

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=gOS%202.0

Everex To Offer CloudBook Ultra-Mobile PC at Walmart

,----[ Quote ]
| Everex has launched their much anticipated Ultra-Mobile PC featuring the
| latest Open Source operating system from gOS.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/mobile/15695/everex-offer-cloudbook-ultra-mobile-pc-walmart

Walmart Jumps on gOS Bandwagon: Here Comes "Rocket"

,----[ Quote ]
| Look out Windows Vista and hot-selling Mac OS X Leopard -- a new OS is in
| town.  A new Linux distribution, gOS, produced by Good OS LLC and based on a
| Ubuntu 7.10 version, hit the market yesterday when it was announced at the
| Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
`----

http://www.dailytech.com/Walmart+Jumps+on+gOS+Bandwagon+Here+Comes+Rocket/article10219.htm

Everex Names ZaReason Authorized Reseller of $199 gPC

,----[ Quote ]
| "Most of the people who buy systems from us want some type of
| customization," states ZaReason CEO, Cathy Malmrose. "Our entire R&D
| department is driven by people asking for different components or unique
| configurations. We anticipate this system will be purchased by Linux users
| for their family and friends over the holidays."
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-05-2007/0004717232&EDATE=

Modest new PC costs just $199

,----[ Quote ]
| I found the gPC and its gOS operating system easy to use.
|
| For example, just clicking anywhere on the open desktop brings up an
| equivalent to the Windows Start menu, and right-clicking gets you a menu of
| popular programs. I also like the Package Manager, a part of Ubuntu, which
| finds and easily installs dozens of free and open-source programs.
`----

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-bz.pl.cheappc29nov29,0,161094.story

Wal-Mart's $199 Linux PC Back In Stock

,----[ Quote ]
| The gPC is one of the first Linux-based desktop machines to be offered for
| sale by a major retailer.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=204200374

gPC - $199 C7 powered PC at Wal-Mart running gOS

,----[ Quote ]
| Now gOS the OS powering the gPC is a unique OS. While I said it is a
| customized version of Ubuntu, the word 'customized' is an understatement. gOS
| highlights and encourages users to use web applications instead of the
| traditional software for their day to day computing tasks.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/11/gpc-199-c7-powered-pc-at-wal-mart.html

gOS Unboxed: Should Microsoft Worry?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's rivalry with Google heated up considerably this past year when
| rumors surfaced that Google might release its own operating system to compete
| with Windows. Has Google finally jumped into the fray with its own OS?

A short look at gOS

,----[ Quote ]
| So after downloading the gOS Live ISO onto my Debian Etch system I started
| Innotek’s VirtualBox, bound the freshly downloaded ISO as a CD-ROM, made a
| 4GB virtual hard disk image for installing it, gave that virtual computer
| 256MB of RAM, and started...
`----

http://blog.thedebianuser.org/?p=255

Gosh, gOS is good

,----[ Quote ]
| I really liked gOS. It's a cute little system with lots of functionality and
| great looks. It works well and is fast and stable on my laptop. It should
| work on any computer that any other Linux supports. Enlightenment is an
| impressive desktop environment, and the iBar is a low-overhead way to blend
| cool effects with needed functionality. I think users will like it.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121151

ReviewLinux.Com: gOS is worth looking into....

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=8247