Re: Why Vista is the Beginning of the End of Windows (Was: Vista is in trouble)

> ____/ Paul Hovnanian P.E. on Thursday 10 January 2008 01:58 : \____

>> They must be burning the Vista install DVDs on Vista machines.
>
> That would be like compiling GCC with GCC.

Erm ... I think GCC *is* actually built with GCC :)

I think the point WRT burning *anything* under Visduh is that it tends
to produce incompatible discs by default (UDF2.5, or "Live File System"
as the Vole calls it). Although I'm pretty sure Linux now supports UDF
up to 2.5, if not 2.6. I have no idea what level of UDF XP supports
natively, if any.

WRT the topic at hand ... no surprise there, other than the fact that
apparently Microsoft seems to be losing its grip even on the die-hard
OEM channels that usually prop up the sales figures with stuffing.

Given the disastrous performance of Vista within those channels (Dixons
for example), Microsoft will have a tough job convincing them to stuff
warehouses again, certainly not to the extent they did with Visduh.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 13:07:06 up 20 days, 10:42,  5 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.21, 0.38