Re: Wikia - any techies wanna tell me how to game this?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:05:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>____/ The Gobbling Goblin on Wednesday 09 January 2008 00:43 : \____
>
>> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:19:14 +0000, Steve Wolstenholme
>> <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>I don't think it has anything to do with Wikipedia apart from the
>>>misleading name.
>>>
>>>Steve
>>
>> Steve,
>> If you go to  http://search.wikia.com/wiki/Search_Wikia    - scroll to
>> the bottom where there is a link to it.
>> It points to http://alpha.search.wikia.com/ which is identical in
>> looks to the OP URL.
>>
>> It is not an engine that I will be trying to bother with.
>> plh
>> Paul
>
>As a user or a Webmaster? As a user, I will come back in the future. I like the
>idea.

Both Roy.
It doesn't appeal to me.
I won't be tracking my SERPs in it, nor use it as a user. I have
better things to do with my time. I rarely use MSN / Yahoo or AOL - so
I won't be using yet another s/e.

plh
paul
--