Re: Wikia - any techies wanna tell me how to game this?

____/ The Gobbling Goblin on Wednesday 09 January 2008 00:43 : \____

> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:19:14 +0000, Steve Wolstenholme
> <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 02:07:48 -0800 (PST), mark r <markrush@xxxxxxxxx>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>http://re.search.wikia.com
>>>
>>>its wikipedias search engine and shows results like none ive ever seen
>>>before. any techies wanna take a look at the open algo and let us know
>>>how to game this?
>>>
>>>mark
>

>>I don't think it has anything to do with Wikipedia apart from the
>>misleading name.
>>
>>Steve
>
> Steve,
> If you go to  http://search.wikia.com/wiki/Search_Wikia    - scroll to
> the bottom where there is a link to it.
> It points to http://alpha.search.wikia.com/ which is identical in
> looks to the OP URL.
>
> It is not an engine that I will be trying to bother with.
> plh
> Paul

As a user or a Webmaster? As a user, I will come back in the future. I like the
idea.

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
 10:00:02 up 29 days, 22:48,  4 users,  load average: 1.95, 2.52, 2.45