Re: [Rival] Signs of Weakness in Vista: Microsoft Does Clearance Sale

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> * DFS fired off this tart reply:
>
>> thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> There is absolutely zero doubt that MS has adjusted their product
>>> features and pricing in reaction to growing Linux popularity.  Greater
>>> command line and scripted management capabilities in Windows Server
>>> are almost certainly a reaction to Linux, as are numereous changes
>>> to their license terms and pricing accross their product line.  Heck,
>>> MS makes no secret of having a Linux lab for competitive analysis...
>>
>> I'm in agreement, but I have to wonder why an "illegally maintained
>> monopoly" (per various cola idiots) that can force Windows onto everyone's
>> computers (per various cola idiots) feel the need to institute such
>> competitive actions?
>
> Because Microsoft is /finally/ feeling competitive pressure in operating
> systems.  From /free/ software.
>
> I see signs of MS changing its attitude slowly to be more willing to

You see signs? What like MS working with Novell? Well spotted!

> live with OSS as part of the environment.  I hope that attitude grows
> and maintains.  There's no reason at all that Microsoft cannot support
> total interoperability.  They've got the monopoly (still).  Even with

What about Roy trying to stop it?

"Boycottnovell" ring any bells?

It's not MS who have to adjust. It's OSS loonies who need to accept
their current place and do their best by it.