Re: conspiracy theorists and open source

On 2008-01-06, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> And Microsoft isn't the only one out there.  I'm getting a bit leery of
> the company who took over BellSouth.net -- AT&T.

I've been leery of them since they were brought back from the grave.
They're joined with crooked companies now, no matter what they might
have been before they became deceased, no matter what they might have
thought they'd be when they were raised from the dead.

They aren't just joined up with BellSouth, either. They're in the
process of trying to recreate the monopoly they had back when the baby
Bells were split off. It might look a little different, leaving maybe a
weaker Bell out of the mix, and adding in cellular, cable TV and EVDO.
But giving them the extra access is heading them toward being even
worse than they were before they were broken up.

--
You are *always* entitled to your own stupid opinion.