Re: [News] Microsoft Still Throws Dirt at GNU/Linux with Silverlight, Popfly

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 04 January 2008 08:40 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 03 January 2008 18:21 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Microsoft will merely become irrelevant in the mobility and appliance
>>> driven Web 3.0
>>
>> It fight back though. It already 'bribes' Novell to give developers the
>> illusion that Silverlight is cross-platform.
>>
>> At the end, Silverlight is doomed to fail (writers say so) because too many
>> people will complain about sites that use Microsoft XAML. It's another
>> attempted activeX generation, and just you wait until security issues strike
>> (running untrusted application from the Web right on your desktop, from
>> virtually any arbitrary site).
>>

> If Microsoft were serious about remaining in the software business,
> they'd be adopting a new codebase about now.  The Windows codebase is so
> broken that there's no way it can manage another generation.  Vista, the
> product of several years (about 7) of development is a major disaster,
> and unlike the case of WinME, there is no "NT" in the background waiting
> to take up the reins, and no alternative development team backing it
> either.

Have you seen this new bit yet? (found it hours ago)

Windows Explorer in Opensuse Installer

,----[ Quote ]
| Seems Novell and Microsoft are working VERY closely together.
| Look at the explorer window in Opensuse' installation. Doesn't it look
| familiar?
`----

http://paulsdigitalworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/windows-explorer-in-opensuse.html

I don't know if it's fake (I've asked) and I don't really believe in
the "Microsoft Linux" theory (although it's presented for the possibilities of
it).

> We're watching the death of a behemoth - it will take a long time, it
> will remain dangerous for years, but in the end, it will not survive in
> its current form, no matter how many Novell vouchers, ISO corruption
> actions, BBC bribes or anything else Microsoft might manage in its long,
> slow, ride to oblivion.

That sounds just about right. I gave the BBC another piece of people's mind in
a new comment. They can run, but they can't hide (just as [H]omer would say).
They left too many fingerprints.

You forgot to mention Microsoft briberies in Nigeria by the way. That's recent.
There are also the closure of Microsoft for corruption and inside-trading at a
large scale.

Microsoft calls all of this business, but the business of a criminal
organisation is crime nonetheless, not business in the proper sense.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, then learn how to knit
Cpu(s): 24.8%us,  4.0%sy,  1.0%ni, 66.1%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st