Re: longest without a reboot

____/ AZ Nomad on Friday 04 January 2008 01:49 : \____

> On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:39:33 -0800, Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:44:06 +0000,
>> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Shelton's a troll, an off-topic, anti-charter poster.  He's been in my
>>> killfile for yonks.
>>>

>>How is posting numbers and information concerning how fast OO on Linux
>>starts up "off topic"?
>
> It is offtopic because it is anti-linux garbage.  People don't use computers
> to boot, start open office and shutdown over and over and over.
>
> People start open office, and then do real work.  At doing real work,
> openoffice is extremely fast and capable.
>
> The 8-15 seconds required to start open office means nothing when the
> computer
> is then used for real work for the next several hours.  What matters is that
> subsequent windows open within a second.
>
> I guess the fast initial load time for microsoft word might be important when
> you have a system that crashes constantly.

I agree. Talking about startup time is a case of diverting attention to
non-issues, thereby escaping the great capabilities of OOo, some of which
surpass MSO.

If Tom doesn't like Linux and Free software, he has subscribed to the wrong
newsgroup.

Proprietary, lockin-based tools lead to regrets. Doc(umen)tor, heal thyself.