Re: Signs of Weakness in Vista: Microsoft Does Clearance Sale

____/ Rex Ballard on Tuesday 01 January 2008 20:37 : \____

> On Jan 1, 12:26 pm, "Antonio Murphie" <the-murp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Rex Ballard" <rex.ball...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> > Following the link
>> >http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1071
>>
>> > The deal is only available to MSDN subscribers.....  Pardon me if I'm
>> > underwhelmed by Microsoft's generousity.
>>
>> I agree. Roy Schestowitz once again LIES^h^h^h "manufactures" news stories
>> to fit his agenda instead of accurately reporting the truth.

Scott Douglas (in the mood for being called "Antonio Murphie"),

Microsoft cannot do "Clearance Sales" on something like /software/, let alone
sell it directly. This makes it very obvious that it's a somewhat humourous
title, so it's not deceiving. I suppose you never saw headlines like:

"Apple Jumps in the Pool"

or...

"Apple turns to Selling Carrots"

or...

"Apple Shuts the Door on Retailers"

You're taking it too literally, don't you? Check your humour meter. I think
it's broken.

> Actually, all Roy did was put an interesting headline on the story.
>
> All he did was quote the cited article, and provided the link.
>
> Some other possible headlines might have been
>
> "Microsoft Milks MSDN users for More Licenses and $$"
>
> or
>
> "Microsoft Doubles Down on Vista Gamble".
>
> or
>
> "MSDN users - your Vista Ultimate license has expired, now you gotta
> pay - double".
>
> As it was, I think the theme of all of the articles was best covered
> by the headline provided by Roy.

They are just trying to hurt credibility in order to 'embargo' people. They use
stereotypes and repeat them baselessly in a Big Lie fashion (smear/slander
gig) in order to have people look the other way.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"