Re: I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down the sabotagers

On Jan 1, 3:14 pm, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <5248752.XohuQhI...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
> > who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
> > talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
> > they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.
>
> Someone should tell him about OpenOffice.  It can read .doc files fine.
> (Or did I get my calendar mixed up, and this is a "nothing can read
> .doc" week?  It's hard to keep up with the flip-flopping on this...)
>
> --
> --Tim Smith

Tim:

There is a huge upcoming, worldwide job. The task will be to convert
those billions traditional Office documents (*.doc, *.xls) to the
newer open standards.

Microsoft vehemently refuses to disclose the official non-XML Office
format specs, and therefore any app that can (or try) to deal with
such formats has done it through reverse engineering and guessing, and
it is therefore subject to Microsoft's wrath and litigation threats.

Where is Neely Kroes when you need her?

-Ramon