Re: Record Industry Goes After Personal Use

____/ Kelton on Tuesday 01 January 2008 06:38 : \____

> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> <Quote>
>> ...the industry is taking its argument against music sharing one step
>> further: ...the industry maintains that it is illegal for someone who
>> has legally purchased a CD to transfer that music into his computer.
>>

> So does this mean that RIAA will be suing Microsoft for building the
> ripping feature into Microsoft Windows?
>
> What about the company that provides the database that helps the Windows
> Media Player to nicely arrange all the ripped files in the
> C:\Users\%SomeUser%\Music\ directory with regard to Artist-name &
> Album-name, will that company be getting sued too?
>
> What about the person(s) who provide the album-cover images that
> download from the music database automatically when Windows Media Player
> is used to rip the music from a store-bought music CD, will those folks
> be getting sued too?
>
> Who owns the protocol for converting sound into electrical signals?  Is
> that person or company going to get any of the money that is being made
> from all this litigation?
>
> Who will fight Islam if everyone is jailed for ripping music for
> personal use onto his or her computer?  Durka, Durka, Jihad, Jihad!

Kelton,

I tried mailing you, but it's delayed at the daemon and likely to bounce. Known
issue?

Microsoft loves competition.
"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking bury that guy, I
have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill
Google."
                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO