[News] A Production-ready KDE 4.1 Just Months Away

  • Subject: [News] A Production-ready KDE 4.1 Just Months Away
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:08:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE 4's next step, version 4.1 in 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| After years of development and preparation, the KDE open source desktop
| community celebrated the much-anticipated version 4.0 release this month, but
| the word among the project's leaders is version 4.1 will only be a further
| six to nine months away.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1390174457&rid=-50

Editorial: KDE 4.0, A Call for Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0 was released last week and all hell seemed to break loose. What I
| view as a solid first step in a very positive reaction was met with some
| applause, but generally scorn and complaints. I think some perspective is
| needed, and I humbly offer to try and provide some. I’d like to take issue
| with some things I see that are just plain wrong.
`----

http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2008/01/editorial-kde-40-a-call-for-perspective/

KDE4: Get More Widgets

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0 by default comes with just few necessary widgets. To get access to
| few more widgets install the extragear-plasma package for your distribution.
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/kde4-get-more-widgets/

Related:

Ten Tips for KDE 4.0 Beginners