Re: [News] Eee Gets Excellent Review from Associated Press

On 2008-01-15 08:05:53 -0500, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Review: Eee laptop PC shreds the rules

,----[ Quote ]
| Unencumbered by Windows, the Eee boots up so quickly I didn't bother counting
| the seconds. Its Wi-Fi chip links with the Web in a flash, and its webcam ? a
| feature missing from many laptops triple the price ? turns it into a video
| messaging device with the help of eBay Inc.'s Skype, which comes pre-loaded.
| There are USB ports for peripherals, a port to connect to a monitor, and ?
| most essential ? a flash memory slot to expand its meager storage. Battery
| life is advertised at 3.5 hours.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_hi_te/techtest_asus_eee

Excellent review. A Sweaty Steve would faint at the sight.

Interesting that fast booting should become a major issue.  I know that
booting Windows machines is one of those nightmares which just seems to
get worse all the time.  I avoid using Windows machines, now, so I
rarely find out, and a colleague of mine just gave up on his because of
something called "safeboot" which he said took the boot time to well
over 15 minutes, and even then, there'll be another 10-15 for doing all
the logins and network connections.  And then, if it crashes...  So he's
given up with it.

The eee pc RULES! I LOVE mine!