[News] Mozilla Gets Interface Experts, Firefox Wins Prizes

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Gets Interface Experts, Firefox Wins Prizes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:53:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mozilla Gets 'Humanized'

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of its continuing effort to humanize the Web, open source browser
| vendor Mozilla is getting some new humans for its development effort.
|
| John Lilly, CEO of Mozilla, confirmed in an e-mailed statement sent to
| InternetNews.com that Mozilla has hired three of the principals from
| Humanized, a small user interface development startup.

about:mozilla - New CEO, FOSDEM, SeaMonkey, Places Testday, two awards, and
more

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issue…
|
|     * John Lilly appointed CEO of Mozilla Corporation
|     * Join Mozilla in Brussels for FOSDEM 2008
|     * SeaMonkey: new Council, Alpha criteria
|     * Places Testday, Friday 18 January
|     * Mozilla Support community looking for volunteers
|     * Recent additions to Planet Mozilla
|     * Mozilla one of the “Top 20 Companies to Watch in 2008"
|     * Firefox wins .Net Magazine’s “Open Source Application of the Year”
`----

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/01/15/aboutmozilla-new-ceo-fosdem-seamonkey-places-testday-two-awards-and-more/

Related:

Firefox is 100% Organic Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Our focus is to reach out to the general consumer that tends to be
| environmentally conscious, political aware, and interested in social causes —
| consumers that are web-savvy, but unaware of the technical or social benefits
| of open source and open web standards. In order to reach these folks, we are
| going to run these contextual display and text ads on a number of political,
| environmental, social, and consumer websites where these consumers hang out.
`----

http://www.giantspatula.com/?p=27

The Mozilla / Firefox IPO

,----[ Quote ]