Re: [News] Liar Roy Schestowitz twists headlines again - iPods Turned to WINDOWS PCs

Buns of Steel <buns@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> [QUOTE]
>
> There are many possible uses for Mojopac; some of the less obvious ones
> identified by Mojopac include using it as a way to free your iPod from
> being attached to a particular PC. Because you can install Mojopac on an
> iPod, you simply install iTunes and Quicktime within Mojopac
>
> Mojopac's forte is that it can talk to almost all the hardware on the host
> PC, including the graphics card. ...this means you get full ***Direct3D
> support***, making it a great choice for gamers.... You can copy files from
> the Mojopac device to the host PC using ***Explorer***, but not vice versa.
> As it works by 'borrowing' ***Windows*** system files from the host PC and
> virtualising them to run Mojopac, the installation is tiny and performance
> is excellent.
>
> [-QUOTE]
>

> NOWHERE does it mention turning an iPod into a 'linux' PC so where did
> Schestowitz come up with that

Just here:

	Some of these products let you quickly create fully featured
	pocketable PCs, while others can virtualise individual
	applications, allowing you to carry around your favourite working
	environment on a keyring and run it on any PC, without leaving
	any traces behind.

	In this feature we're going to look at some of these free and
	low-cost applications and what you can do with them, plus we'll
	look at the basics of how virtualisation works.

	And finally we've a practical step-by-step workshop that shows
	you how to create your own free, portable Linux PC on a USB
	                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	stick using the Moka5 virtual machine application.

Just in case anyone missed it, the words are "portable linux PC".

The article also goes on to explain that additional licences are required
if you try to create virtual Windows PCs, and also points out that you
are not allowed to even attempt to virtualise Windows Vista in some
cases because of some bizarre Microsoft licence restrictions.

It also explains that Windows Virtual Server 2005 is difficult to use.

So, by all means, let everyone try to create a Windows computer on their
iPod.  Just go to the shop, buy a copy of Windows, and off you go.  Of
course, the copy of Windows might actually cost more than the iPod, but
hey... if you're using Windows, then you're probably used to this.