Re: [News] Linux Fury at MSBBC Claimed to be Justified

____/ Tom Shelton on Wednesday 16 January 2008 07:40 : \____

> On 2008-01-16, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> ____/ Tom Shelton on Tuesday 15 January 2008 23:52 : \____

>>> We're talking about ActiveX (I was anyway).
>>>

>> The point remains that Microsoft have never had any intention of making
>> Silverlight/iPlayer functional on anything other than Windows.  After
>> spending £100 million of licence-fee payer's cash, even the BBC DG was
>> lying to MPs about this, although later claimed an "error".
>>
>> Kier is here to troll, as is Shelton.  They're best ignored, Roy.
>>

> You are a real peice of work, Mark.  I pointed you to a link with the
> supported platforms and browsers, yet you continue to insist on making
> this completely wrong statement.
>
> Silverlight supported platfomrs: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Mac OS
> (PPC and Intel).  Linux support is in development.

No, no Silverlight for Linux. And Moonlight ain't Silverlight either. Not the
mention patent and ditribution issues...

> Broswers: IE6, IE7, FireFox (1.5 and 2.0), Safari

Did you know that Silverlight is said to "work better" with Vista? I'm pretty
sure I read this somewhere that's reliable. It's about making everyone but
Microsoft a second-class citizen _on the Web_. Not to worry. The EU
investigates this latest scam.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
Tasks: 159 total,   1 running, 157 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie