Re: [News] [Rights] BBC Director General lies about iPlayer to Government

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 23:12 : \____

>> ____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Monday 14 January 2008 05:17 : \____
>>
>>> Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>>> Yes, download AND stream.
>>
>> Mind you, I'm 90% certain that the BBC even considered .NET for streaming
>> (Silverlight), based on the Register and the Observer (or was it another
>> publication?).
>>

> I'm sure they did...

I can only imagine (and did at the time) they they steered away from it because
their job was already at risk.

>>> So what?
>>
>> Will people have the money spent on iPlayer back? Why does Windows get a
>> 'fast lane' with high-quality video?
>>

> No, that money, that licence-fee cash, is now in a Microsoft bank
> account, and will never come back.  This was a culpable waste of public
> funds, and those responsible should be looking for alternative
> employment.  This was not a few quid, it was £100 millions.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
Mem:    515500k total,   444168k used,    71332k free,     2028k buffers