Re: [News] Nicolas 'Microsoft' Sarkozy Adds Internet Tax in France

> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 16:36 : \____

>>> France set to experience a revolution in public broadcast television
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/101533/from/rss09
>>>

>> Actually, I think this might be a more uniquely French perspective on
>> things.  He's completely wrong about this, of course, and likely to fall
>> foul of the EU, too, if he attempts this.  Traditional commercial
>> television broadcasting is pretty much over, of course, but there will
>> always be a slot for public service broadcasting, so long as it's done
>> the right way, not as has been done to the BBC recently, which is
>> something of a total fiasco.
>
> Have you read about his kiss-kiss with Microsoft execs and his mutual
> favour-giving? The guys smells like corruption and he's very pro-IPR and some
> say anti-FOSS. I don't like him.

I actually preferred the other candidate, Segolene Royale, but
unforunately, she lost her cool during a head to head televised debate,
which I did watch at home;  it was on France 5, I think, which is
available on one of the Eutelsats, if you have a steerable dish.
Basically, Sarkozy wound her up until she got annoyed.  It says much
about his approach to politics.