Re: [News] OLPC Dual-boot Story a Was a Fake (OLPC Will be Linux-only)

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 16:39 : \____

>> Microsoft denies dual-boot Linux/Windows XO laptops are on its agenda
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| It looks like the head of the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Chief Nicholas
>>| Negroponte is not only alienating Intel, but Microsoft, too.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?shownews=13468
>>
>> This is said in other side as well. A rumour became total disinformation.
>>

> Talk about spin... OLPC has always "alienated" both Intel and Microsoft
> because they were never involved.  Intel because they don't do low-power
> enough chipsets and Microsoft because, well, Linux is less expensive and
> better.

It was actually about openness. I remember Nicholas stating this (before he
changed the definition of "open" in last 2007). He doesn't want children to be
locked in and utilised by corporations, let alone convicted criminals like the
ones from Redmond.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
Cpu(s): 25.0%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.8%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st