Re: [News] Eee PC Alternative Comes Without GNU/Ballux (Xandros + Ballmer Tax)

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 13:06 : \____

>> ____/ Thufir on Sunday 13 January 2008 07:54 : \____

>>> ' Asked whether Everex will do the same in upcoming models of the
>>> CloudBook, Liu said, "I have a feeling that Everex and Asus will be
>>> staying competitive with each other." '
>>>

>>> Interesting times ahead :)
>>>
>>> Would most any mainstream distro have drivers for the wireless card, I
>>> wonder?
>>
>> They can send them upstream and polish them further. The kernel hackers
>> write drivers for free and they claim to be underworked at this stage.
>>

> I'd be very very happy to see real competition between Asus and Everex!

See this:

Asus Eee PC as 'hard to get your hands on as a Wii'

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus' elfin Eee PC is coming to Japan and it's going to get 16GB of
| solid-state storage, it has been claimed. Meanwhile, in the UK availability
| has reached Wii-like limits, according to insiders.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/12/18/eee_pc_wii_japan/

Asus has just put it up a notch (more shops), it says it's its second most
successful product ever and there's no Windows option is sight (screen is too
small).

Maybe you could 'pull an Oliver Wong' and get yourself people from the street
to stand in the queue and grab some units for you to resell at a higher price
on eBay? Naaa... only Windows advocates would do something like that.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle