Re: [News] Eee PC Alternative Comes Without GNU/Ballux (Xandros + Ballmer Tax)

____/ Thufir on Sunday 13 January 2008 07:54 : \____

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:29:23 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> CES: New Cloudbook joins Linux ultra-mobile fray
>
> ' Asked whether Everex will do the same in upcoming models of the
> CloudBook, Liu said, "I have a feeling that Everex and Asus will be
> staying competitive with each other." '
>

> Interesting times ahead :)
>
> Would most any mainstream distro have drivers for the wireless card, I
> wonder?

They can send them upstream and polish them further. The kernel hackers write
drivers for free and they claim to be underworked at this stage.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
 10:20:02 up 33 days, 23:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.67, 1.08, 1.10